Sunday 25 September 2011

Vegan and delicious!

I have the best recipe for vegan(!) chocolate chip zucchini banana walnut bread. Find it here! Remember - the chocolate has to be vegan for this to be a truly vegan bread. I do believe (but don't quote me on this) that Ghirardelli's dark chocolate is vegan.

I use a whole grated medium zucchini. It works out to a bit more than a cup, but the bread still works well and you don't have any leftover zucchini sitting in your fridge. To be fair, I also add more than one half cup chocolate chips! When is more chocolate a bad thing?

Tomorrow, I'll be putting this excellent bread as well as some mint chocolate cupcakes in the OSU Anthropology Grad Lab. Bring a few quarters to throw in my donation box for Team in Training or donate on my super spiffy website here! Donations are tax deductible.

1 comment:

  1. The zucchini banana walnut bread turned out beautifully! I still owe you $.05. The texture was much more creamy than a traditional zucchini bread and there was more depth to the flavor than a plain banana bread. This recipe is definitely a keeper.

    ReplyDelete