Wednesday 13 January 2010

3.) Zucchini and Feta Muffins

Sorry kiddos, no picture this time. I made these odd little muffins just before running off for a New Year's party in France and let's just say, I didn't hide any in my handbag. These muffins shouldhave been good. They have nothing but good things in them. Zucchini. I have a love affair with zucchini - it alone kept me alive when I had to learn how to cook for myself in my first appartment. Feta. A beautiful tasty delicious cheese. Lemon zest. Adds a little Pow to anything. Right? All good things. But grate the zucchini, add the feta and lemon zest, mix with the normal suspects and wow. Disaster strikes. Too salty, too slimy, the feta gets chalky, the lemon zest doesn't taste at all . . . I don't know what else to say. I followed the recipe well this time, so I'm almost sure it's the recipe's fault and not mine.

One unwary taster was kind of enough to say that these muffins were, "Almost good." Another said that, "They aren't as bad as you think." Needless to say, these are not the glowing accolades which will someday propel this cyber boulangerie into a successful storefront.

No comments:

Post a Comment